To: Students and Parents of HHS
From: Principal Scott Dewar
Good morning. I wanted to take a moment to give you the newest information we have regarding school closures.
1. School will not be in session through Monday, March 30. Our office will be staffed from 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Monday-Thursday. If you have a question, please call during those hours.
2. Our building will be open today from 2-4 p.m. Students are encouraged to come during that time, gather what they need from their lockers, pick up learning packets from teachers and exit the building.
3. At this time, all state testing, SAT and PSAT included, is on hold. We will provide more information on that topic as it becomes available.
4. Our spring break is still scheduled for April 13-17. The emergency closure will not affect that date according to the information we have at this time.
5. Students will not be required to make up days missed due to the emergency closure. We will still be required to make up the three days we missed earlier this year due to other reasons.
6. We heard this morning that Ameren will not be disconnecting electricity due to non-payment at this time, so this may provide some relief for families who are being negatively impacted due to business closures.
7. We urge families in crisis to reach out to the office or to our faculty members. We are committed to finding resources for our students during this difficult time.
I urge you to follow the recommendations that have been provided. Do not gather in large groups, and wash your hands frequently. Social distancing has been proved effective in limiting the spread of disease.